Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend- Literally

I decided to make it a 4 day weekend since I had the vacation time. My sweet mommy and I painted my bedroom last summer. I wanted sort of a gray/ blue color. It looks beautiful in our bathrom, but it was incredibly bright in our bedroom. So, I wanted to do a very calming neutral color instead. I knew I wanted it to be a cream color and found one I really liked at Home Depot (Behr Bavarian Cream). I have always done Kilz and then two coats of paint in the past. I have also taped off the whole room. My mom, who just painted basically her entire downstairs, gave me a tip. She told me to buy the primer with paint and use that as the first coat. Then, I would only have to paint one top coat. She also told me not to tape and to buy a nice brush- Prudy brand- that is slanted and take my time edging. I took all of her advice and she was so right! It SAVED me money to buy the primer with paint and skip the Kilz. It also saved me time and effort to not tape. It was amazing. However, that being said, it did take me forever to do it. I started at 7:30 a.m. and I finished at midnight. I had to do our tray ceiling. There was a lot of up and down on the ladder. I would NOT have finished if Matt hadn't helped me roll the walls. Anyway, here it is!





LOVE IT! And I have paint leftover, so I guess I will do the guest bathroom during tax season...

1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty! And the bathroom sounds like a great tax season project...oh, the joys of being a CPA's wife! Enjoy your nice calm room...you'll probably sleep a lot better, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!