Tuesday, June 29, 2010
September 2007, a coworker left to pursue another opportunity and there was my chance! I became an Associate Sales Consultant. With this new title/ promotion came bigger responsibilities. I was now on call 24/7 learning the ropes, the territories, the equipment, the surgeons' personalities, helping out other consultants in other territories while they went on vacation, etc. All the time. I LOVED it- for a while. But the call caught up to me. Also, through this experience, I realized that maybe I wasn't cut out for sales. As someone who grew up always disliking rejection, sales was hard for me.
So, I made the VERY hard decision to step away from the job. However, it worked out that I was able to stay with the company in a role that allowed me to not take call but still assist the sales consultants that I worked for previously. I have been doing this role for a year now.
July 1, I become the METRO OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR!! I am SO excited. I will be managing our office. Keeping up with equipment, acquiring PO#'s from hospitals, running sets, etc. I am extremely excited about this new role. And I can't wait! And I am thrilled to still be with Synthes. I work for a WONDERFUL company. Life is good. God is good- all the time!
Monday, June 14, 2010
I bought these aluminum decorative hangy thingys a few years ago to go in the bathroom of our other house. At the time, I loved the colors. However, having painted most of our new house bright colors (green, yellow and blue) I realized that a lot of my accents need to be more neutral hues. So, I spray painted these white with textured spray paint! I love them and I think it is exactly what they needed. Thanks, Carissa!
1 Cup Grated Velveeta Cheese
1 Small Jar Pimentos
2 Tablespoons Diced Dill pickles
1/4 Cup Mayo
1 Teaspoon Dill Pickle Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Mustard
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
Dash of Salt
Dash of Pepper
Put Cheese, Pimentos and Dill pickles in tupperware bowl. In a second bowl, combine Mayo, Pickle Juice, Mustard, Paprika, Salt and Pepper, Mix these incredients together until blended. Then, fold into the cheese mixture. Toast bread, add lettus and tomato, and serve yourself! If you're feeling really bad, add some bacon to this. It's delicious. I will do that for lunch. Because I am feeling bad today.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
First, the Four Ball Tournament! The men play golf in this incredibly complicated Flight bracket. I believe there were 9 flights and a Championship flight. I may be wrong! They play a qualifying round Thursday and that determines the flight in which they will compete. Matt and Jonathon qualified for the 1st Flight. They are wonderful golfers! Just ask me and Rachel- we'll tell you! Anyhoo, after they qualified, we met for the SEAFOOD EXTRAVAGANZA. It is a seafood feast the likes of which I have never partaken. Matt and I love seafood so we were incredibly excited in the time coming up to it. King Crab Legs, Lobster Pot Pie, Salmon, Seared Tuna, Shrimp, Lobster Tail- with butter to dip it in :). We were in heaven. Actually though, Rachel and I thought the cheese cake was the best thing. Yum.
Friday, they lost to the team they played. Boo :(. However, the team they played, I think, contained a professional tennis player and some other dude who played golf all day long all week long. So they were ok with it. This put them in the consolation bracket so they still got to play Saturday. Friday night was Mexican Fiesta which was delicious.
Saturday, they played in the afternoon and won. Then Rachel and I joined them for the Italian Feast. My favorite part was the Shrimp Scampi and Goat Cheese Polenta... YUUUUM.
Sunday, they won again! After the LONGEST round of golf in the history of the game. They teed off at I believe 7:45 and were finished around 1:30. LONG. And I think they were hot. So, they won 2nd place in the consolation bracket for the 1st Flight! I am mighty proud. No delicious food for the wives Sunday. Matt said they played 81 holes of golf this weekend. CRAZY. Then he said he was ready to go back to work because they had air conditioning and he didn't get tired there. Haha.
Anyhoo, Saturday Connelli came to visit! OOOOOOOH that sweet baby! I got to burp him! I don't think he really burped though. It was so fun to see him and hold him and smell him and kiss him! It's really fun to see all of our friends play with him too. Really, I have to remind myself that he is a wee baby and that squeezing him would not be good. But I want to just squeeeeeeeeeze him and love on him. He's such a ham! He smiles real big at you. And he LOVES Kelli! He will just look at her and smile so big! I took pictures but don't have my camera to down load them. Side note: I've got to get better about taking pictures!
Anyhoo, I had just a marvelous weekend. And our anniversary is Thursday! And book club is tonight! To Kill a Mockingbird- definitely one of my favorite books of all time. Atticus Finch is my hero... If we have a son, we may have to name him Atticus.
I left for work this morning. In the EXACT same spot that Mr. Bunny was terminated, Mr Squirrel decided to meet the same fate... my tires :(
Stop running out in front of me!!!
Not my favorite way to start out the day.
Monday, June 7, 2010
1. I've run almost every Saturday morning at Lake Willistein in Maumelle for probably 9 months now. If you are at all familiar with Maumelle, you are familiar with the geese who live around the lake and fly across the street to Kroger frequently. They poop every where. I leap and jump and tip toe around the poop. We coexist. I was running Saturday in the 90 degree weather and was slowly approaching a group of "teenage" geese. The mom was hanging out with them and they were digging around in the grass for whatever they eat- not really sure... worms? Anyhoo, the mommy looked up and hissed at me! I guess I was getting too close. I've always left them alone, though. Don't they remember me? Thought it was strange.
2. Also at Willistein, I have been wondering when I would cross paths with a snake. I know they are in the water because Matt and I have seen them while fishing. I hate snakes. I realize that they are docile creatures, but to me they are so gross and creepy. Anything with no legs and arms that lives on land... that's just not right. I'm sorry for those who do not hate snakes, but I do hate snakes. Just being reminded of their existence gives me nightmares- I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. I was running and had just waved to a sweet old man walking. When I looked down there was a 5 foot long snake making his wake across the path. Totally freaked me out of course. We stopped and talked (the old man and I) and waited for him to make his way across. As we were waiting, this cute girl is jogging by and we try to warn her about the snake and she being clueless keeps on going until she is about to step on the snake and then promptly freaks out and screams. Snake crossed the path, day went on, no harm done.
3. I was on the way to church Sunday morning and I noticed a little bunny poking his head on to the street. He made a couple of hops and I slowed down to let him pass. He looked like he wasn't going to pass so I kept going- and at that EXACT time he decided to run out in front of me and I hit that precious baby bunny!!!! OH it broke my heart! I made the mistake of looking through the rear view mirror and there he was, on his side, kicking his legs. When I came back home in the afternoon, he was crow food. We have lots of crows in our neighborhood. Circle of life and all that.
4. We have these flowers- no idea what kind- right by our porch that honey bees love. I realize they are docile creatures as well, and I leave them alone and truly they don't scare me. UNTIL, I am trying to water said flowers and the bees LITERALLY dive bombed my face when I was watering tonight and then flew away. Repeatedly. Are they threatening me? Are they just trying to scare me? Can honey bees sting? I don't even know, but you know I dropped the water hose and ran away! I'm just trying to keep their pretty flowers alive!
5. Came into the office this morning and there was a HUGE I am not kidding HUGE centipede laying on the floor in the break room. We have centipedes and roaches and ants and other various sorts of bugs but mostly these centipede things. It was about the size of an NBA player's thumb rolled up into a rolly polly on the floor. Disgusting. Thank goodness Ms. Donna took it out and I didn't have to. Wish I took a picture. Bleck.