Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's here!


I love my husband. He is fabulous. He gave me a Kindle for our anniversary! I am so excited. I have already gone through and looked in the Kindle store for all of the books that my book club has read before me. I found most of them- none in the free section of the Kindle books, boo! The first book I downloaded was Little Women and then Anna Karenina, both from the free section. I then purchased next month's book club book, Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee for $9.99 and that is what I am reading now. (Side note: do you put book titles in italics? Is that right?) My favorite features are:
1. It reads aloud to you. If I am driving (which man do I ever drive for work!) I can turn on the audio function and still get some of my book read/ heard.
2. I can lay down on my side reading it. Do you ever do that? Lay down and try to read a regular book? It gets heavy to me and this way, I don't have to flip the book from side to side trying to read while going to sleep.
3. The books download incredibly fast, 60 seconds or faster.
4. There is a dictionary ON the Kindle. If I don't know a word, which happens all the time, I can just go on over to the dictionary.
5. The battery lasts FOREVER.
I just ordered a protective cover for it off Matt's ebay account so I am excited to get that. Until then, I am storing it in the box while not in use! Ha ha.
Anyhoo, I'd like to thank my sweet husband for a wonderful 4 years together. We had a great anniversary dinner at Bonefish. That place is always scrumptious. We've been several times, and I have never had a meal that wasn't just delicious. Off to my weekly run at Willistein... wonder what wildlife I will run into today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!