Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Monday, August 5, 2013

Our July 4 Celebration

This was our first year to celebrate Independence Day with our baby.  PV has a huge family celebration each year including BBQ, jump houses, and Fireworks.  We were so excited to have a kiddo to take to the celebration this year.  We went last year knowing we were pregnant and loved watching all the other kiddos imagining what the future had in store for us.  Here are a few snap shots of the night.

Mommy, Daddy, and Shelby waiting for the sun to go down

Nothing like a big hill and cardboard boxes

Trying lemon...

Not her favorite
 
 I wasn't sure how Shelby would do with the fireworks.  In fact, for a while, I thought I may need to abort the plan all together.  She was so tired- it was 1 1/2 hours past her bed time after all- and she was crying.  I tried to get her to sleep and it just wasn't happening.  I had her in the club house after it emptied out and we waited for the fireworks to start while looking out the windows.  Well, the show started and the first firework shot into the sky.  She looked at me and I looked at her and I said, "Did you see that?  Boom!"  She thought it was hilarious!  I would say boom after every firework and she would just giggle.  I covered her ears, ran out the door, and joined the rest of our family to watch the show.  She laughed with her tiny ears covered in her daddy's lap until she fell asleep.  This is a magical memory with my baby that I will never forget.

Watching fireworks with daddy covering her ears

Sleeping through the fireworks in daddy's arms
I'm so thankful to our armed forces and for the sacrifices that they make for us everyday.  I'm proud to be an American and I'm thankful that my daughter is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!