Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over

What an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving celebration we just finished. I hope yours was so wonderful too. It was a great day surrounded by family. We traveled to Conway and met the rest of the Summitt clan at James and Peggy Summitt's home. They just moved in early this summer and have a beautiful home that they opened up to us. We usually go to Paragould to David and Karan's house- Matt's mommy and daddy. It was a treat for us to be in our house and sleep in our bed and drive 30 minutes away and come back to our house the same night. I realize that this means others were inconvenienced, but it was also nice to have David and Karan and Nathan at our house for the night. We stuffed ourselves silly with delicious turkey (fried and baked), turducken, sweet potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole, corn casserole, broccoli grape salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy, jalepeno poppers, crab dip, chex mix, pigs in a blanket, salsa, spinach dip in a Hawaiian bread bowl, cream cheese dip with ginger snaps, cheese and sausage, pumpkin dip, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pecan gooey butter cake, chess pie, apple cider. I know I left something out, but I can't remember anything else. It was delicious. Jordan and Angila brought their new X-Box Kinect and we all had a blast playing it. Plus, we worked off some turkey jumping around the living room.

Today, we slept until about 7 and then went to IHOP and Black Friday shopping. Matt and I bought a small digital camera at Best Buy. We love our nice camera, but we are so excited to have a compact camera that is a bit more mobile and easier to carry. Then we hit up Target and I got some new PJ's and Matt got us a small LED TV for our room. (We are currently in bed watching it.) Also, my sweet MIL bought me a special present for our bedroom that I will document after we all get to celebrate Christmas the 3rd weekend of December. (Unless Nathan's cheer competition interferes.)

We are now in major Christmas mode and we put up the Christmas tree. I love pulling out all of the ornaments we have. Karan gave me several that belonged to Matt when he was growing up. (All golf related, odd huh? Ha.) I also have all of the ornaments that my MeeMaw started giving me 20 years ago. I was going to tell you about them, but I think that they maybe deserve their own blog post. Will do tomorrow, friends.

It's the most wonderful time of the year,

Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!