Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


We had such a great thanksgiving! It was so fun to be with our families. We started out our thankful holiday (I was definitely thankful for the long weekend) in Paragould. We left Wednesday after work and had Joe and our two precious dogs with us. Thursday morning, I woke up and Joe and Karan had already begun cooking and had been running. I didn't really have to do anything (except show up and stuff my face) so I went running at the track on the high school campus down the street. Have I told you all that I am training for a half marathon? Well, I am. So there. Now you know. Anyhoo, we had a delicious supper. Turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, rolls, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie... I can't think of anything else. Matt and the boys went outside and shot skeet (which is their new tradition). Then, we took pictures as a family. I thought the one I posted below this was really funny because Nathan is out to the side by himself he-he! Friday, we debated waking up early and hitting the sales, but we decided not to and slept in a little bit! We tooled around town with David and Karan and hit up Sears and Radio Shack- Matt bought 3 new Playstation 3 controllers woo hoo!
We left Paragould around 10 and went to Collierville to see my family. Mom, Lauren, Matt and I immediately went shopping. We found a fabulous rug at the Pottery Barn Outlet that we purchased as my Christmas present and it now lays on our living room floor. Also, Ashley Furniture was having a 10% off sale and we really need a dining room table. We looked around and low and behold Sunday, we purchased a dining room table! I am soooooooo excited! It will arrive next Saturday and we have to drive back to Memphis and bring it home ourselves and set it up. I can't wait. We got home Sunday night and I immediately forced Matt to help me bring down the Christmas decorations! I am so thrilled with how they have turned out and will post them this weekend.
I thought it would be a good time to list the things I am thankful for this year. This Thanksgiving, I was so thankful to be with family and not worry about being called out for work. I am thankful to have a good job and to be able to give back and hopefully share the blessings that we have. I am thankful for a husband who makes me laugh and helps me realize how silly I can be sometimes. I am thankful for my two sweet dogs. I am thankful for our health and that in general, we really don't have much to worry about. I am thankful for a warm house, especially on a cold day like today. I am thankful for the blessings of this Earth. Even though they are not eternal and our real home is still to come, I am thankful for the little things and I am excited for what the future holds! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!