Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Songs

I absolutely love love love love love this time of year! It makes me incredibly happy. What really puts me in the mood you ask? CHRISTMAS SONGS, BABY! I wait all year long to listen to these songs and it is only for such a brief period of time! So, I start listening in November. Matt (who I like to refer to as Scrooge) does not like Christmas songs as much as I do. But, bless his heart, he tolerates it pretty well! Amazingly, I NEVER get sick of Christmas music. So, I thought it would be fun to post my top 5 Christmas songs. Side note: it was really hard to pick just 5.

5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
Love it!! It makes me literally want to pull my Christmas tree out away from the wall, grab my best man, and dance around it in circles. I love her version of it and I blast it every time it comes on in the car and sing my heart out along with ole Brenda.

4. Blue Christmas by Elvis
This is my mom's favorite Christmas song. She loves to sing with the ladies in the background (do do do do do) really high pitched and I sing Elvis. We get so tickled every time. I love to call her when it comes on the radio. She has always made Christmas so special. Dad took me to Graceland 5 years ago at Christmas time and we got to see the whole house decorated for Christmas. That made this song a little more special to me.

3. Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys
My very first concert we went to see The Beach Boys at Mud Island. I remember it pretty well and I love this song because it makes me think of it. It's also really fun to sing!

2.Joseph's Lullaby by Mercy Me
It is such a cool perspective of the story of baby Jesus. It is Joseph singing to Jesus and I love it so much. Definitely one of my favorites.

1. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
I know every word. I love to sing it at the top of my lungs. I love that Matt HATES IT! Haha. It has caused a number of fights in our 4 Christmas seasons being married. He tolerated it better when we were dating. :) So, I have started mouthing it instead. And mouthing it in his general direction, pointing at him and making sure that he knows that he truly is all I want for Christmas. (Him and perfume, a new jacket, rug, dining room table, pictures framed, comfortable PJ's, socks, time with family, lots of good food, face mask from Origins, new jeans, bag from L.L. Bean, the list goes on...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!