Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Watch Fiasco

So, I don't save my receipts. I just don't. I LOVE to throw things away. I give things to Goodwill every 6 months. I just don't like excess. If I don't need it, I don't want it. Clean is good. Less is more. I don't save receipts.

I bought a watch 10 days ago at the Benton Target. It was a Mossimo watch and it was the only purchase I made that day. So, I immediately put it on my wrist and promptly threw away the receipt and box and other packaging. Watch is the one job that a watch has in life? To keep time! This watch did NOT keep time. Incidentally, I do believe I did purchase a man's watch. But that's another story. It was primarily meant to be an accessory anyway, but still. So, Matt talked me in to attempting to exchange the watch at Target. I also hate exchanging things. Really, really hate it.

So, I run in to the West Little Rock Target very quickly this morning. I find the same watch and I ask the nice man behind the counter if I can exchange with out my receipt. He says yes if I have the card I purchased it on. Of course I do! It's my Visa debit card- and I never leave home with out it! (Remember those commercials? Was that even Visa?) Anyhoo, I hand it to him. He scans it. I ask, "Did it come up in the system?" He says no. (I can only assume this is because I bought the watch in Benton.) So I give him my drivers license. He scans that. We move on. THEN, he picks up the watch that I wanted to buy instead of the Mossimo watch. Underneath the box is ANOTHER box. EMPTY. Someone had STOLEN a watch and put this watch box inside that watch box- make sense? So the nice man looks at me funny and says, "There is the box for the watch you bought!" Haha. I said, "Nope! I don't know where that box came from." He is quite suspicious of me at this point I'm sure. The new watch was also $5 cheaper, so I know he thinks that was my goal. Steal a watch, get a free watch, AND a $5 gift card. Believe me, I'm not smart enough to think of this whole scheme on my own. Anyhoo, I quickly finish the transaction and run to the door because I know at this point he's about to call security. And wouldn't you know, I left my debit card! He screams, "Ma'am! Your card!" I am so embarrassed.

Look people, none of this would have happened if I just had infinite funds and could purchase the exact same watch that Sandra Bullock wore in The Blind Side. It's what I remember most about that movie! And this is my second attempt to copy it. LOOOOVED it. That's all I wanted. My new $14 watch is a little bit closer to hers, but way big and I can't figure out how to take out the links. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!