Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Monday, March 8, 2010

Little Rock Marathon

So here we are! After months of training, Lauren and I finally got to run our half marathon! We bought these shirts the day before and they say, "This seemed like a good idea 3 months ago". We had all kinds of comments and we even had one dude take a picture with us! Ha ha

Name tag! People would yell your name as you went by. It was so encouraging.

Here we are towards the beginning; I think this was mile 2 or 3 I can't remember.


This next picture was taken after we had just come up a hill on a bridge. We beasted that bridge!

Here we are finishing. I did not see Matt and Zac but I guess Lauren did!


And here we are with our medals! (It makes it seem like the race went by pretty quickly but it certainly didn't! It was so fun! I can't wait to do another one! I would like to do several during the year. I just have to figure out where they are being held.


And here's my buddy. He was so sweet to come out and watch me all morning. LOVE HIM!


And our 2 cheerleaders together. I was so glad that Zac was able to come over and watch- and I know Matt was too!


I guess I can officially call myself "A Runner".



























2 comments:

  1. Lana- that's so awesome! You did great! I am super jealous. I am looking into one in Fayetteville in April, I think April 10th, if you're interested. Since the LR Half didn't work out for me I'm hoping this one will or maybe one in May. We'll see how my foot does! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me laugh that mile 2 or 3 is considered the beginning. Seems like it should be the end to me... ;)

    Oh and there is one in Virginia Beach on Labor Day. Maybe I should meet you there and you could run while Connor and I cheer you on from our towel on the beach! Ha (you run right by the beach the entire time, so we really would be supporting you!)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!