Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Shelby is 11 Months Old!

Shelby wearing a dress by MeMommy

Well, I can't believe it.  Shelby June is 11 months old.  Seriously, I feel like I just found out we were pregnant and here I am planning her first birthday party.  Every other parent will tell you how fast time flies (which, seriously, is so annoying by the way) but it's true.  I try to take each moment and savor it.  

Shelby, every day with you is so much fun.  I love seeing you discover your toys.  You love to play with your walker and toddle behind it.  You like to pull things off the shelf and then put them back on.  You like to turn the lights on and off.  You love to find the fan and point at it.  You get in the bumbo and then get mad when you can't get out.

  • We finally have a tooth!  Right, bottom front!  So cute.
  • You took your first steps!
  • You still take 2 naps each day, but if you don't have your morning nap, you do just fine.
  • You are sleeping better through the night.  THANK YOU.
  • We celebrated your first Christmas.
  • You are basically all bottle feeding.  I will nurse you sometimes at night, but we are really trying to get your weight up and I can tell how much you're drinking with the bottles.  I chase you around with a bottle ALL DAY LONG.  I have stopped adding formula to your bottles though.  I discovered that you will drink a whole extra bottle each day if I don't put the formula in them.  But, when you don't eat and you're the busiest baby in America, that does not add up to weight gain!
  • You love Bear and Midas.  When they come around you will light up and say "daw-di"
  • You love to play with your books and "read" to yourself.  (I will read to you of course, but I love to watch this too.)
  • You love Praise Baby DVD's and Sesame Street.
  • We got you a Red Wagon for Christmas and you light up when we pull you around in it- money very well spent.
  • You also love the pink anywhere chair we got you.  You will climb in it and laugh for me to tickle you.  I happily oblige.
You are the most precious thing I've ever known.  God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!