Matt and Lana Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SUPER BOWL FOOD: Post Numero Uno

Yello friends. I made some food for our Super Bowl Party at the Scott's house Sunday and my sweet friends actually liked it! Does it not thrill you when people like the food you prepare for them? They even asked me to put it on my blog so they could pull it off here- which I thought was even more flattering. They read my blog! This is, of course, one of my go-to recipes for BBQ's/ Burgers/ Picnic get togethers. It was given to me in a book of recipes that my MIL put together and gave to me when we got married.

Oriental Cole Slaw
From Ms. Shirley Swatts
Dressing:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup oil of choice
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 chicken flavor packets from Ramen Noodle packets
salt and pepper to taste
Salad:
1 16 oz pkg coleslaw mix
3 green onions, chopped (handy hint, I take the ole kitchen sheers and just cut these babies up)
2 pkg chicken flavor Ramen Noodles broken into small pieces (put in a gallon zip lock bag and pound gently with a meat mallet)
1 cup sunflower kernels
1 cup slivered almonds (note, I do not use sunflower kernels or slivered almonds. I just use sliced almonds and love it that way and if you're in a pinch, peanuts work well too)
Mix dressing ingredients and let stand while preparing the salad. Mix salad ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and mix. Let sit for several hours, or overnight, to blend the flavors.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
This is the story of our family living life one day at a time!